Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dar she blows!

I can't believe I forgot to include this story as part of the Lambert Curse, but it is high time I shared it with all of you.

Last summer Ryan and his buddy Josh decided they wanted to buy a boat. After a bit of convincing to the wives, we agreed to the idea. After some looking around, they found what they thought to be a great buy. A 1978 Glastron. (This means nothing to me.)

A week or so later we all headed down to Lake Lemon. We got to cruise around the lake and feel pretty cool on Friday night. By the time I got up Saturday morning the boat wouldn't start. After a day of working on the boat to no avail the guys took it to a local shop to have it looked at. The diagnosis ... the part that is broken doesn't cost much to replace. However, it is a time intensive project and the labor would cost almost as much as the boat.

So, after one nice ride around Lake Lemon our boat owning days are over ... or are they??

For the last several weeks, this has been the sight in our driveway ...


If you or someone you know is interested in a boat for a great deal (just needs one part fixed) let me know!

2 comments:

Erin and Josh said...

i didn't know you guys bought a boat! very cool...but, too bad about the problem with it. :( love the blog, though!

The Lembright Family said...

I will only buy the boat if Lambo includes his black tail collection.