Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Ideas ...

I was working on a list tonight for some friends on things to do this summer. I created this and went to post it on FB, but my links didn't transfer. So ... thought I'd put it here and then send people this way. ENJOY!

  • Indy's Child List is a great start
  • Libraries - if you visit Indy, Central Library is just cool and great to walk around (and if you want to walk enough you can go down to monument circle); for those that live in Indy - sign up for summer reading program and visit multiple branches. We've been doing this for three summers and have hit almost 15 branches. It is neat to see the different buildings and spaces.
  • State Parks - this year I'm hoping to get to several state parks to walk around and for $30 you can get into all of them
  • Indiana History Center is free on Thursdays through the summer (May 28-July 30). A great place to walk around and learn about Indiana and on Thursday nights there are concerts on the canal. Pack a lunch and grab a free space on the green space around the center.
  • Lafayette
    • FREE zoo downtown (Columbian Park) which is also home to a small water park
    • Wolf Park - located just north and is a cool place to get up close with wolves. I really want to do a Howl Night, but just haven't gotten there yet.
    • Prophetstown State Park - So if you buy a state park pass this one is pretty cool. More of a prairie (think open fields) but has a cool Native American area and a water park for an additional fee.
  • Indianapolis Indians - kids eat free Sundays and they have other great deals
  • Don't get me started on the State Fair! When it gets closer I will certainly have more tips!
  • IMA Movie Nights - Singin in the Rain would be fun I think!
  • Richmond/Wayne County
    • Fairy Trail is cool way to go around the town
    • Levi Coffin House - REALLY cool historical site
    • Joseph Moore Museum - small museum on Earlham's campus, but if you are in the area it is cool to look around (wouldn't need more than an hour)
    • Hayes Arboretum - again if you make it over there it is a free stop that has some cool things to look out
  • Columbus - kidscommons museum, commons playground and Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor
  • Also on my list - Peru Circus City Festival

No comments: