Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Keepin' It Weird

A few weekends ago I went to visit my sister Paula and her husband Jeff in Austin, Texas. For those of you who don't know ... their tourism slogan is "Keepin' It Weird." We did see several people who were helping contribute to that phrase, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them!

While my sister Jen couldn't make it (being in India and all) we had a great substitute ... one of the fifth Hartzler girls - Molly.


Not only did we get to enjoy the great downtown, we even made it to the Congress Street Bridge to see the nightly flying of the bats. There are MANY bats that live under this bridge and almost the entire time through the year tourists and locals gather at dusk to watch them fly out from under the bridget. This picture just doesn't do it justice ... (yes, all of those little specs are bats!!)


Anyway, here are a few more pics from the weekend. Thanks PJ/Jeff for being great hosts!!

3 comments:

paula said...

Thanks so much for coming to visit! We had a GREAT time! I wish we lived closer!

paula said...

And Ryan ... we missed you!

The Moser Fam... said...

Hey Carrie! Cute pictures! How are you and Ryan doing? I occasionally check out your blog to see what's new with you guys. I hope all is well! I'm heading to good ol El Paso in a few weeks to visit family. Well, just wanted to say hi! :) ALI