For those of you who don't know, Carrie (and her sister Beth) have been training to run a Mini-Marathon for the past 4 mos. or so. If you know anything about Carrie, this may come a surprise (it did to me), since she's not been known for her running prowess. In fact, the most famous story about Carrie running was the day she left Matt and Beth's Indy house on a near 100 degree afternoon. After about 1/2 a block, she turned around and headed back to a very surprised Matt who had just seen her take off about 2 minutes prior. Despite that history, Carrie stuck with the training throughout and ran the race last Saturday! I was so proud of her for going through all the training and even the knee injury she suffered the last three weeks. Don't expect to get much talk of the accomplishment out of her since all she does is try to downplay the whole thing. Now, I must say a trip to the doctor may be in store later this week for a possibly sustained foot injury during the race, so we'll keep you all posted on that. Anyway, again, she did awesome and I've never seen her do anything like that before! They both finished right around 2.5 hrs and crossed the line together in true sister fashion. Not that anyone's counting, but there were a number of people behind our ladies. Congratulations to Carrie and Beth on a great job!
Here are the girls nearing the finish.....
And a couple of pics pre and post-race.
6 comments:
Awesome job, Carrie! You look great and I'm sure it feels so good to have accomplished that! :)
WOW! Seriously amazing...although I'm not totally surprised because I remember many star charts in her closet tracking her workout prowess! So impressive though. Way to go!!
Awesome, Care! You look fantastic! I don't think I could have kept going...especially with the injuries! Was the knee injury from you trying to hurdle a rope?? Just curious? :) Love ya!
you are so buff, carrie! GREAT JOB!
Incredible! I'm so proud of my sisters! You look great and I'm totally laughing at the video clip...are you sure this race wasn't in Minonk? Go Girl Go---now go rest those level 4 knees! :)
Congrats!! So proud of you, you rockstar. And you look amazing!
Post a Comment