Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I hate plumbing.

And I'll tell you why. It is always more complicated than you think and it always goes awry at a bad time. Like say, Friday night when your kitchen sink stops draining. Yep. Happened to us.

First off, HUGE kudos go out to Ryan. Most home projects at our house end in extreme frustration and arguments. This was not the case. Ryan worked diligently last weekend to attempt to fix the problem. Through the process he successfully installed a new garbage disposal (which we found out was not the problem, but is dreamy nonetheless).

In short, we found out some piping needed to be rerouted in our basement - clearly beyond our own expertise. Since it wasn't diagnosed until yesterday, this is what our bathtub looked like all weekend:

Nice, huh? Nothing like having to move dishes to take a shower.

This I took when Ryan was working hard and not very happy that I took a picture of him!

And one of him and his assistant working hard:

Anyway, I'm happy to say all is well and working great now. Thanks to my new favorite plumbing company, Hope Contracting. Love them! If you live in Indy, I highly recommend them. They were fantastic.

2 comments:

Information said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin and Josh said...

looks like he's got a good little helper! and way to go, Ry...doing your own home plumbing. impressive.