Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Back in the Candy Making Saddle ...

Last year I didn't make candy with my Mom (our annual holiday tradition) because we were traveling, so it has been a couple years and I'm happy to say we are back in business ladies and gentleman! (If you care to read about the past year's shenanigans, feel free to read about them here: 2010 and 2012).

This year, we made 442 turtles.
 

And you can't forget the molds!
 
We each have specific jobs (I cut pecans, Mom makes caramel, I do lemon and pink ice, Mom paints molds). This was the result of about an hour of work for me ...
And Maggie enjoyed playing dress up and watching holiday movies with us ...
Bonus this year ... we were home during the Minonk Parade of Lights! :)
 
 
 

Another year down. A great tradition I hope continues for many years to come.

No comments: