My first job was at an interactive history park,
Conner Prairie. I worked there for almost four years and absolutely loved it! I actually used to answer the phone as the title of this post ... until Ryan informed me it rhymed. I hadn't even realized that! So, I quickly had to change my greeting.
Anyway, this week I headed up that way for a few reasons ...
1) to visit a dear friend, Grandma Betsy. She has worked at Conner Prairie for over 40 years and calls herself my Grandma. Maggie and I have been up to her place a few times to visit with her and were so grateful that we got to spend the morning with her.

2) Afterwards we headed to Conner Prairie to see some of my previous coworkers and visit their newest addition - the
Balloon Voyage! Starting June 6 of this year, visitors can pay a small price to go up in the balloon 350 feet in the air (35 stories!). I was lucky enough to be there while they were practicing taking the balloon up and got to make a trip in it! It was awesome! There are only five of these balloons in the USA and when you are on top you can all the way to downtown Indy. Here are some photos of my trip up there!



And here are a few other pics we took of Maggie this week ...


2 comments:
precious!!!!!!
Love all the pictures!!
Also, did you know that my neighbors all call you "Conner Prairie Carrie" when I refer to you! Not sure if I've ever told you that. :) Kinda funny!!!
We were there yesterday and bought a membership plus 2! I think the kids will love it. Let me know when you and Maggie are going and we'll come meet you.
Post a Comment