Tomorrow marks our six year anniversary. I am so blessed to have a terrific husband! Not only is he wonderful to me every day, but he also indulges my silly requests like when I asked Ryan to celebrate in a way I'm sure many couples celebrate their anniversary ... going out for pizza.
One of my favorite pizza places back home,
Monicals, has begun opening locations in Indy. The closest one was about 30 minutes from our house, but not anymore! Tonight was the grand opening for a Monicals just three (yes, three) blocks from our house! I have been waiting for this day since I found out they were opening months ago. It was everything I had hoped for.

And the cherry on top ... while eating there, a guy in a Monicals shirt approached our table and asked if we were from Illinois. Why, yes I am! I asked how he knew and he said we were eating our pizza the way everyone does in Illinois - with french dressing on top (seriously, it is really good!). Anyway, we got to talking and he not only lives minutes from my parents, but he owns the Monicals by their house (you know, the one programmed in my phone for quick ordering). AND, he also owns three of the locations here in Indy, including the one by our house! Get out of town!! Made me love the place even more!
And for those of you looking for pics of the Mags, here you go. She was all decked out in IU gear even though they didn't pull out a win. (Bad coaching I was told.)

And here is one of her enjoying her favorite food ... beans!

Oh, and have I mentioned her crazy hair? Oh boy ...
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I love Monicals! You know...I think the guy you met is my cousin Leslie's (Wilkey) fiance! :) They live in Indy now and he's been opening all the stores out there. They are getting married this spring. How funny! Oh..and I love French dressing on my pizza too! :) By the way...Maggie is darling. :)
Post a Comment