Monday, January 11, 2010

For My Mom ...

When we were little we went to Florida quite regularly to visit my grandparents. My Mom would insist we get up early to go shark tooth and sand dollar hunting. At the time it seemed ridiculous ... getting up at the crack of dawn to hit the tide just right to find something I thought wasn't that neat.

However, as Ryan and I walked the beach last week and came across over 20 sand dollars in perfect condition, I had to smile and think of all the hours I spent as a kid looking for them and NOT enjoying myself. This time, I was giddy! Ryan was making fun of me for getting so excited, but it was like I couldn't find enough. They were all so perfect and it reminded me of all those hours I spent with my Mom on the beach.

So, thanks Mom for putting such a great "deposit" in my memory bank! I wish you could have been there to look with me! :)

And of course a few of our beach bum down in Florida. Enjoy the one of her throwing a fit because a stick was taken away from her. That is what you get when you try to eat beach debris Miss Mags!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Adorable girl. I love her little "fit" face. Please tell me there was screaming that went along with that face, because otherwise I am going to worry that my kid is just a brat. :)