Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's hard to find a good prince ...

I actually found myself texting this phrase to Ryan today. We have been on the lookout for a little prince to match our princesses for the last week or so (for reasons described later). I've looked at Target, Walmart, the Dollar Store and online. No one sells a prince by itself or as cheap as you can find princesses for. So I splurged. Last night I bought a prince that came with a bride for about $8 at Walmart (highway robbery since I bought the other two princesses for about $1 a piece).

Anyway, today I was trying to get the prince to stand up with the bride. I bent him a slight bit and BAM ... he broke in half. Nothing a little super glue couldn't fix, but I still believe it's hard to find a good prince.

Here is our set ...

They have seriously provided Maggie several hours of entertainment. As much as Ryan and I didn't want to encourage the whole princess notion, Maggie has fallen head over heals. Hasn't seen any of the movies mind you, but can spot a Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine or Tiana from miles away!

Which brings me to why we need to buy a prince. I bought Maggie two princesses. She was playing non stop with them, but kept mumbling something to herself. I finally listened carefully and realized she was telling them to kiss and dance together. I tried to explain princesses and princes and we ended up needing a prince for them to kiss and dance with.

All of this makes me wonder why Maggie is having a hart time deciphering gender differences. If only I knew ...

1 comment:

mickev said...

I love this post. I could have sent you one more boy pic wearing a leotard and princess snow boots ; )