Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Phrases of a two and a half year old

This may be a boring post for most of you, but I thought some of our family would enjoy hearing the phrases that fill my days.

Some of the things Maggie says just make us laugh.
  • "All the times" example: Kate and Lucy dress up all the times.
  • "Next week Sunday" example: Are us going there next week Sunday?
  • "When I'm little" example: When I'm little I can do that. (slightly backwards!)
  • "Where my friends?" example: Whenever she couldn't find my nieces and nephews she'd say to me, "Where my friends?"
  • "Me not know" instead of I don't know.
  • "Flips" instead of flip flops
And another fun story ... When we pray with Maggie before bedtime we typically ask her who we should pray for. The last few nights she has answered me with "friends come over to my house." I clarify by asking, "You want to pray that friends will come over to our house?" And sure enough that is what she wants to pray for. She has asked for KateLucy (one word, not two), AddieAbe (again one word) and sometimes Jack. I think she has gotten so used to playing with her cousins that she just doesn't know what to do without them. It always makes me smile and so thankful for the great friends that Maggie has.

Sorry for the boring post sans pictures, but just had to capture some of the sweetness that I get to enjoy every day. Believe me ... the sweetness is OFTEN interrupted with fits of crying, screaming, kicking, throwing, etc ... which is why I need to remind myself of these sweet moments. :)

2 comments:

paula said...

ADORABLE! I can't wait to see sweet Maggie (and you and Ryan!) in August!

Matt and Abby said...

Oh goodness I am right there with you. The adorable phrases and the kicking and screaming. I love hearing what Maggie says, it's so sweet and you'll be so glad you wrote it down!
It's so fun to watch them grow, isn't it??