Monday, January 09, 2012

New Year's Resolution and Pinterest

I don't typically get into New Year's Resolutions. However, this year I had one ... to make seasonal wreaths for our front door. Side note: Ryan thought this was a silly resolution, but I thought it was not only attainable, but also a good goal for me since I NEVER make wreaths ... or really any craft that isn't for toddlers.

Rewind to last fall, when I heard a lot about Pinterest. If you aren't familiar, it is a site where you can look for ideas ranging from birthday party favors to recipes to do it yourself projects. I had registered for a user name awhile back but hadn't really gotten online to look around. (And let me warn you, it does take some time to play around on that site. I still don't think I understand it 100%!)

I thought my resolution and this website were a match made in heaven. So, a few days ago I searched for "seasonal home wreaths" and after going through several links I stumbled across this woman's idea for yarn wreaths. It seemed easy, so Friday night I went to Michaels with my 40% off coupon in hand and got all the materials for about $20 - including a glue gun which I did not formerly own.

By Saturday night, I had this to show ... my very own winter/Valentine's Day wreath that will proudly hang from our door as soon as I get a wreath hanger!


I see many of these in my future. Pretty cheap, really cute and SO many options!

Here's to you 2012 and my resolution!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE your wreath - and especially your wreath resolutions! :) I'll have to find you on Pinterest because I don't think it automatically connected us...I'm slightly addicted. :)

the deKorne family said...

that is SO cute! i'm beyond impressed! :) way to go and i think that's a perfect resolution.

The Lembright Family said...

I just caught up on your blog. Love the museum pics...Magpie is reminding me so much of Ryan! :) Adorable. Love the wreath too...I need to get on this pinterest train! :) xoxo

rachel said...

pinterest is the best...AND very addicting. i am still "hung" up on the fact that you just purchased your very first glue gun?