Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An Eventful Doctor's Visit

Today we had our second ultrasound. I'm happy to report that everything is great with the baby! The measurements were normal and no surprise to us, during the ultrasound you could see his/her jaw moving as they were talking to us! :)

Here is the most recent picture of the little one ...


The doctor's appointment however was not completely normal. Since last night Ryan has been fighting off what we think is just a bad cold (sore throat, aching body, tired, etc). So this morning before the appointment he made sure to take some medication and seemed to be feeling okay.

During the ultrasound I noticed he wasn't really paying attention to what was going on (and I was kind of starting to get frustrated). He got up to blow his nose and then announced to the tech and me that he needed to go to the restroom. He thought he was going to be sick and thought he might pass out. Before he got to the door he said it might be better if he just laid down right there. So, of course we let him.

So, I'm on the table with the gel all over my stomach. Ryan is on the floor with a cold paper towel on his forehead. The tech has left to go get him a glass of water.

We stayed like this for awhile. Then the tech sent me on to get weighed and told me she was going to find a room for my husband to lay down in. I met him in the room and immediately could tell he looked much better!! However, he was already the talk of the doctor's office. The rumor going around was that he did pass out for a few minutes. Ryan and I kept trying to tell them all that he hadn't felt well all day and the room was just hot, but of course it only sounded like we were making excuses for what had happened.

Now I will say that Ryan is queasy. He doesn't like doctor's offices and has been known to pass out. I do think this incident was due to him not feeling well, but still ... do we have anyone willing to be my backup in the delivery room??

7 comments:

Erin and Josh said...

oh my goodness! poor Ry... but, i have to admit, it is a bit funny. how do you guys always end up with these kind of stories??

Unknown said...

Carrie - you are on your own for the delivery. Sorry - not my thing.

However, I do think that his/her jaw moving was probably the first attempt at karaoke! AND you got to see it!

the deKorne family said...

did you find out what you are having? fully support secrets, just curious if our kids could be roommates or pick a date mates. :)

The Lembright Family said...

This is hilarious---he should have hid behind the curtain! :)

The Moser Fam... said...

first off...that is a cool picture of little lambert! glad things are going well! second off...poor ryan...maybe you just need a fan, some cool compresses, and some relaxation music in the delivery room to keep him comfy come december...ha ha...so much for your comfort...it's all about keeping ryan from passing out! :) hope he's feeling better!

molly said...

I'll be the back-up!!!!! Afterall, I am an honorary Hartzler! Other creditials include, but aren't limited to, 1) I live close, 2) it doesn't make me sick, 3) I've done this before. :)

On a different note, Eric about passed out when I was in labor for Sam. He stayed in the room (behind me), but they had to go get my Mom to come help! Crazy!!

Christina said...

I just found out your were prego. So first off Congrats - I am so happy for you. Second - poor Ryan he could not enjoy the u/s because he was so sick. I am willing and ready if you need back up!! And last - Look into our MOPS group at church - we will have a booth there this weekend and the next 2. I would love a chance to see you on a regular basis.