I'm trying to document every year we go so we can remember it in the future. We think this is at least our 6th annual trip and I only have pics from this year and last. Anyway, here are some good ones.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Shipshe 2008
Posted by
Anonymous
This week I had my annual trip to Shipshewana, Indiana. For those of you who don't know, once a year my mom and at least one of my sisters (this year Beth) meet up in Shipshe to do some heavy duty shopping (flea market/craft stores) and eat our way through noodles, mashed potatoes and the three meat sampler (Beth's highlight of the trip).
I'm trying to document every year we go so we can remember it in the future. We think this is at least our 6th annual trip and I only have pics from this year and last. Anyway, here are some good ones.



Note the one sock wonder - my Mom. She hurt her foot a few weeks ago (actually she stepped on a metal rake and it went entirely through her foot ... not a good situation). Anyway, she wasn't sure she would be able to go on the trip, but was such a trooper! Well, her foot still is tender and since tennis shoes are too tight, she goes with sandals. She needs a little of padding, so she needs to wear a sock. This posed a quandary because Mom doesn't want people to think she wears socks with sandals, so her solution ... wear one sock only. We tried to tell her this only looked more ridiculous, but it made the most sense to her! :)
I'm trying to document every year we go so we can remember it in the future. We think this is at least our 6th annual trip and I only have pics from this year and last. Anyway, here are some good ones.
Labels:
shipshewana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love the sock. looks like it was a happy time.
ps. i miss the head shots of you and Ry at the top of the blog...i think those need to reappear somewhere. they were always fun to look at and think, "these people are going to be parents. yep, that's just about right."
Post a Comment