There were some things to do in the office and I was less than excited to do them! So, that morning, I woke up at about 6:40 and went directly to the shower. I didn’t have to shave, so I was in there for only about 5 minutes. When I got out, I changed into my work clothes (khakis and a golf shirt again)! I then went to the kitchen and poured a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats and while they soaking in milk I got out my daily vitamins (C, fiber, daily, omega-3). Once I got all that stuff out, I joined Carrie on the couch for the Today Show. I listened to Ann Curry say “Good Morning” 15 times and then turned it off and went to rinse out my bowl. A quick brush of my teeth and I was out the door.
It takes me about 40 minutes to drive to work in the morning, so I listen to The Czabe (Steve Czaban) to pass the time. I pulled into my designated parking spot (yes I’m big time) just before 8:00 am. Then I walked upstairs to my office. Once in my office, I turned my computer on….checked my e-mail…and then did some fascinating work stuff. Since the golf season is over, I am now in the office every day, which pretty much bores me out of my mind! Today, I finished the Prep Tour Player-of-the-Year points and then called and sent letters to all of our 2008 Players-of-the-Year. I’m sure at some point, I checked e-mail again and probably my fantasy football squad. At one point, I even got a phone call from one of our Pros about the recent Las Vegas Pro-Am we hosted.
At 11:30 am, it’s lunch time!! Carrie sometimes has what I call “elementary school” lunch stuff at home. So today, it was a Lean Cuisine flat bread sandwich, a cup of mandarin oranges and a pudding cup….yes, I’m 30 years old, but at least I didn’t have applesauce and a string cheese today. I ate with one of my co-workers, Match, today and we fought over who got the sports section of the paper first and multiple other things. Then, since we were bored, we spent the next 45 minutes of lunch on the par 3 course outside playing with only 1 irons.
Now, back to the office for more cool stuff like setting the 2009 Indiana Junior Golf Program schedule and doing some job descriptions to find some interns for the summer….how fun! Since it’s an office day, at 5:00 pm, I ‘m ready to be out the door.
On the way home, I flip between some sports talk radio and Sirius to find some music (country) and sing along until I get home. Getting home is nearly a science now, you just have to know which lanes and how to read the lights. Checking for gas prices on the way is a good idea too. I get home about 5:40…Carrie is always home before me.
Big night planned tonight…nothing. We have a very full calendar, but tonight we’re just at home. After dinner, I’m usually good for about 30 minutes and then I have to find something to do or I’ll go nuts…or annoy Carrie until she hates me. I end up watching a game on TV and she’s reading on the couch. I know that once the clock strikes 10:00 pm, she’ll look up from the book and say “I’m getting tired.” That’s code for “I’m going to get ready for bed, no matter what you’re doing right now, I would suggest that you come back and get ready for bed as well, so I don’t have to lay down on cold sheets by myself. You can still turn on the game if you want, but you need to leave the living room now.” Of course, like a well trained animal, I go.
Brushed my teeth, took out my contacts, took my cholesterol medication…time to go to bed and do it all over again tomorrow. Can’t wait for regular day 896.0!!
2 comments:
i love the insiders view of your day. tell me...did you write this blog entry while you were bored at work?
and if we were there, we'd keep carrie up until at least 10:30. or she can opt for staying up really late so we can all play charades.
this made me laugh...mostly because it sounds like a day at our house (well, at least before Ben came along)...i actually like regular days...it's fun to get a sneak peek into your life...by the way, I eat at least one string cheese a day! :)
Post a Comment