Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary and Work Day 2

I have to begin by saying that Saturday was our five year anniversary! It is hard to believe we have been married that long. I'm thankful that Ryan was willing to spend this milestone working around the house all day. I truly am blessed to have such an amazing husband!

This was our second (and very productive, if I do say so myself) work day at the house. The day was dedicated to only one room - the nursery. My in-laws once again spent the day with us painting, caulking and working tirelessly to help us get the room together.

Since we have a small home, we decided to turn what was our "office" into the nursery so we wouldn't lose our spare bedroom. We think the room used to be some sort of outdoor porch that was enclosed at some point. Therefore it has no closet and is pretty small. This made it really interesting to fit in the crib, wardrobe and changing table, but I think it looks pretty great!

The room still looks pretty bare. Other decorations are going to follow. I'm hoping I can get my Mom to help me do that when she is out here in November.

Sidenote: the crib and wardrobe are family "heirlooms" from Ryan's side. His grandparents bought the two pieces when his mom was born and since then every child, grand child and great grandchild on Ryan's side have used it at some point. Ryan's parents worked really hard to clean it up and get the crib up to code (which meant adding slats around the entire crib). We are so thankful to be able to use these two pieces and for the work Dave and Sandy put into them. (We couldn't resist putting the IU outfit in right away!)

4 comments:

paula said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm so bad ... I didn't even say anything! And I can't believe it's been 5 years. You did a great job with the nursery. I love it!

The Lembright Family said...

It looks ADORABLE!!! Now all we need is that little red-headed karaoke star to put in it! :)

p.s. Happy Anniversary! I remember those fried biscuits all too well!

The Moser Fam... said...

happy anniversary! :) cute baby room and how neat that you have furniture with history! :) looking forward to seeing more pictures once you've done the "decorating" part! :) nice to have family help too!!

mickev said...

Carrie & Ryan
Believe it or not, I did think of you on Saturday...sorry I didn't email or anything.
The nursery looks GREAT!! Isn't it so exciting to get it all put together...before you know it there will be a little Lambert hanging out in there. I love the furniture, that dresser is so cool.
Hope to see you soon!!
Mick