Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My Mom = Great Speaker!

My Mom has been doing some speaking gigs recently. I had her come to my MOPS group a few weeks ago and she did a phenomenal job! This week she filled in last minute at a Mother/Daughter Dinner at a good friend's home church. Since it was only about an hour away, Maggie and I surprised her and got to hear her speak again!When Grandma is around, anything goes. To keep her preoccupied during the end of dinner my mom let her go through her entire purse. She was playing with money, credit cards and a whole lot of stuff that is usually off limits.

Since bedtime was delayed by two hours this was the sight on the way home ... my friend Molly's kids had quite the look going!

Can't forget to mention that my great friend Judy visited us last weekend. I hadn't seen Judy in two years and it was great to catch up with her and have her meet Maggie!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Oh my gosh, I just laughed out loud at that blanket/sleeping picture. Sleeping kids are hilarious. And I love the one of Mags surrounded by your mom's purse contents!

the deKorne family said...

how fun that your mom is doing speaking gigs! what does she talk about? maybe i should recruit her for our mops! :) and fun that you got to see judy! she looks great. maggie is cute as ever!