
Maggie had a doctor's appointment this week and we found out she still has not hit the 20 pound mark ... oh my! While she is still off the charts in weight, she is 40th percentile on height. I'm sure that isn't going to last long! I have to say, having a little munchkin to tote around isn't a bad thing. (* Please note: I use the term munchkin in an endearing way!) This first picture reminds me of when ET is hiding with all of the stuffed animals!


In other news, when do you have to start treating your child's OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)? Maggie is obsessed with putting things away, putting things in the trash, picking up, etc. I drew the line at picking up trash in the Aldi parking lot the other day. But when Ryan had been gone for four days and after screaming in excitement for one second, Maggie pointed to where his shoes went, well, I started to get worried!
I know I should be thrilled that my child will pick up all toys and insist they go in the right place before going to play outside, but when she throws a fit because I want to wear a shirt instead of letting her put in the dirty clothes, I start thinking this isn't such a great thing.
We are working on it slowly. It is little steps like telling her I'm not going put the lid on the container of cucumbers at the dinner table until we are all done eating. Really... it's going to be okay Maggie.
But, how I do love my little cleaning girl and have to say that she is doing this probably because she watches me all day long. I think we'll both turn out all right! :)
4 comments:
oh my, carrie! so hilarious! it's fun to hear about her personality...no question where she got THAT! :) i wish she could come live at my house for a few days! she is blessed to have her mom and aunt beth's good genes. her roommates someday will LOVE her!
Oh, my! Send her to Aunty Mic's for a while...I will teach her how to mess it up! : )
(You will be pleased to know that it is NOT as bad as in HS!!)
What a tiny peanut! And I second Heidi, send her to my house!
Such a cute little munchkin! :) I love that she is going to be all organized like her mama! :)
Post a Comment