Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wave the white flag ...

To potty training. After 5 days of literally fighting Maggie to sit on the potty (and I do mean fighting) I'm going to throw the towel in for now. It is frustrating because she had all the other parts down pat ... went #1 and #2, could clean it all up, pull up her pants, etc. But every time I asked or insisted she sit on the potty it resulted in tears and yelling and eventually pottying. After much consultation from close friends, I determined for my mental health as well as Maggie's perhaps this would be better for another day.

Just in case I forget what most of these last few days have looked like I have this ... my attempt at getting Maggie to go #2 (while eating and crying as noted by the runny nose).

Here's to a successful potty training in the near future! :)

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

Not that you asked me, but I think waiting is the way to go. I was so stressed out about it bc Ava needed to be potty trained for preschool and tried to force it-but also just surrendered to her timing. Never had an accident. Never had a problem. Worked absolutely perfectly. She was almost 3, but it worked for us. Kaiya sits on the potty every day, but I'm not even thinking about pushing it. At least for a few more months. :) Maggie couldn't be cuter! Love her!

Abby said...

Good effort, Carrie. I'm waiting until at least 2.5 to even start trying...mostly because I'm lazy, but also because I've heard it's even harder with boys. Ugh. Mags sure is cute sitting on her potty at the table, though!

Matt and Abby said...

I am hearing more and more of this....the kiddos doing well for like 2 days and then the battle begins. I wonder why this is? Hannah never even got to Maggie's stage of actually going in the potty, so I'm impressed!
Good thing they are so cute, right? :)

Amanda said...

Uh - I hear ya. I've attempted 2 times with Sam - once at 2, then again at 2 1/2. We're starting the 3rd (and hopefully final) attempt in a few days, I think. I seriously would pay someone $1000 to come potty train my kids for me. But no one has offered...

The Lembright Family said...

oh carrie...i bet she looks so cute crying on the potty! just take a sanity break and try again in a month. no need to rush! you'll miss that poofy little diaper bottom one day! and be comforted that she is still ahead of her older cousin abe! :)