Sunday, July 24, 2011

Forwards and Backwards ...

Somewhere along the line Maggie has picked up this phrase for dancing. Whenever we dance with her she repeats "forwards and backwords" over and over again.

Fitting, since that is how Maggie is doing with the final piece of potty training. :)

Our great family friend (and an honorary fifith sister), Molly, incentified Maggie with a "pooping party" while we were at her house last week. It worked ...

But the next day we regressed. Then, I offered the new dress up dress. It worked ...

Now we are stalled. Nothing happening ... just sitting and waiting ...

But I'm okay with that. As Ryan reminded me the other night, one week ago Maggie was doing everything in a diaper and now she is pretty much going on the potty (even has tackled three public restrooms!) with just a few minor accidents. I need to cut her some slack. Which I'm doing.

We hit the splash park on Friday morning and then headed to the Flying Cupcake to celebrate almost one week of going on the potty. Thanks Aunt GG for fixin' up a special cupcake!

Here's to the final piece clicking soon.

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Good for Maggie and the potty...it will click soon, I'm sure! I have not put in nearly enough effort on the potty front with Nat. I've been avoiding it. She is very ready though...just need to start working harder on it. Wish me luck! :)

mickev said...

Yay! Way to go, Maggie!! And good job, Carrie. It can be so frustrating! Love that picture of her with her cupcake : )

Matt and Abby said...

Love all the pics (and the bribing), you gotta do what you gotta do, right??
Hannah won't poop in the potty much either. It's usually during naptime or bedtime when she has a diaper on. Maggie will get it (hopefully so will Hannah:)). They won't go to kindergarten in diapers;)