Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Princess Prizes

We have turned a bit of a corner on pottying this week! Maggie has been going #1 pretty well. All it took was making a box filled with princess prizes and we were off! Here she is showing off her new earrings and "glass slippers!"

Still trying to figure out the right motivation to get #2 to happen, but I'll take this for now!

4 comments:

paula said...

Maggie looks so grown up with the earrings!!! Glad some things are going well!

Abby said...

When did she get so grown up?? Such a pretty girl.

Peer pressure is the way to go, from what I can tell. Calvin will pee and poop on the potty at school when he's with all his friends who do. And when he has friends over who use it, he always wants to, too. Now he's going at home in the morning and before bed, and then about three times a day at school...and yet I still haven't attempted potty training whatsoever. What can I say, I'm lazy. :) Hope #2 is soon to follow for Miss M!

mickev said...

Way to go, Maggie!! Let me know what works for #2. Max is solid on the #1 - but we can't quite get up the courage for the doo. Keep up the good work, Maggie!

the deKorne family said...

I agree-she looks so grown up in this picture!!! She is getting to be such a big girl! Has she gained any weight? I had to almost duct tape Ava to the toilet to poop. She would always ask for a diaper and so one day I literally put both hands on her legs and forced her to stay on the potty til she went. She sobbed and screamed and was sweaty and I was sweaty and it wasn't fun. But now she goes. :) I am not an expert though, I too am avoiding it with Kaiya, who is even older than Maggie! I keep thinking-after we move-after vacation-after blah blah blah. We'll see. :)