Thursday, July 28, 2011

Keepin' Cool

It has been so hot here recently that we haven't been outside much. But, today we were hosted by my lovely friend Juana (and devoted blog stalker!) to come enjoy her in-laws' pool. The girls had a blast!

And I never put up recipes on here, but check out this delicious dessert - Frozen Banana Split!

My mom made this when I was little and I just tackled it for the first time over the weekend. The fact that the recipe makes not only a 9x13 size, but also an 8x8 has not boded well for me. Every night this week I've eaten a piece. I really need to go for a run.

Frozen Banana Split
(Make chocolate sauce first so it can cool)

Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup choc. chips
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 lg. can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Cook 8 minutes (not too high). Stir CONSTANTLY and cool completely.

Next make graham cracker crust:
Box of graham crackers (finely broken up)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup softened butter

Put graham cracker crust in pans (9x13 and 8x8). Then chill.

After crust is chilled, slice bananas on crust (I used about four bananas). Then put 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream softened and sliced. Next pour on cooled chocolate sauce and finally one carton of cool whip. FREEZE.

*Optional - serve with cherries on top.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Abby said...

We'll be trying this one. YUM!