Monday, December 19, 2011

Reliving My Childhood ...

The past couple days I've felt like I was 10 again.

We took Maggie to see Christmas lights on Sunday night. Boy did this bring back the memories! My Mom LOVES holidays and I am starting to think that it has trickled down to me. She would take us to the Parade of Lights in East Peoria every year. We'd freeze our bottoms off, but have a lot of fun watching all of the lighted floats go by. Then we would head to Grandview Drive (I think that is the name of it) to look at the lights of the city and drive through their lighted display. I can still remember looking up the hill before we'd go up and see a lighted ferris wheel way up high!

Since there isn't a lighted parade here (that I'm aware of), we took Maggie to the Reynolds light display in Fishers. They are a local farm equipment company that puts on a pretty decent light display in December for FREE!

Then we went to a house that has set their Christmas lights to music and you tune into the station and listen as the lights dance along with the rhythm.

It was a pretty magical night and reminded me so much of those times we literally drug my Dad around to go look at lights. I miss those days.

The other reason I feel like I'm 10 ... I had pink eye. So here I've been taking drops and waking up all gooey in my eye. Yuck. Oh, and the fact that I've had a sore throat for a week and actually found myself gargling salt water like my Mom told me to do when I was little. :)

Here's to more lights and less sickness!

1 comment:

-Kelly said...

ahhh, the house with the lights set to music is in my neighborhood! So fun! we love that house too. :)