We have had a lot of fun this summer and I'm trying to soak up every minute. Mags will head to preschool in the fall and to be honest with you ... I'm not doing well with it. Three days a week from 9-2 my side-kick won't be here.
Gulp.
That is really a hard pill to swallow. It might just be the fact that she is growing up or the fact that this
isn't exactly what I thought our life would look like right now, but
whatever way you look at it the days are numbered with Mags and I
hanging out. Every day.
So while I'm trying to figure out how I will fill my time (likely with some additional work, volunteering, etc), I'm focusing on how to soak up this last month of having ALL of Maggie's time.
So watch out August because we are going to live it up!
3 comments:
Aw. Maggie is going to love preschool and you will love watching her grow and thrive there. Promise. :) And I'll bet once you get used to it you will like having a little time to yourself those few mornings a week, too! But soak it up...it's all so fleeting and precious, isn't it?
I hear ya. Sam heads to kindergarten in 5 weeks. You are doing such great things with Maggie - she will probably be like Sam was: she'll LOVE preschool but much rather be home with you on most days. Because her home is awesome.
I feel you here! I am sad that Hannah is going to preschool, I think it's just a hard thing to realize that once they are in school, they are influenced by so many other people and not us! But, I am also so glad for Hannah. She is going to love it. And Maggie will too. But I understand what you are saying about life not looking like you had imagined. My life too. Feel free to email me any time.
Post a Comment