Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stayin' Cool and Pinterest Challenge - July

Last week Maggie and I hit a few spots nearby to help us stay cool. First - Splash Island on the west side. You may remember this is on our Summer Bucket List. We got there early and enjoyed swimming without a huge crowd ...
Unfortunately a storm came in so we all got evacuated. :( The positive was they handed out coloring books to pass the time!
Maggie often gets to ride a horse at my parents house, but BOTH Maggie and I got to saddle up and go for a ride this time! Natural Valley Ranch is a local farm where you can get horse rides, have a birthday party or just visit their animals.
Afterwards, Maggie got to enjoy visiting their animals.
And now for my July Pinterest Challenge ... you've been waiting right? :) I've lumped a couple together here. Since Ryan has been traveling so much, Maggie and I have to fill our time doing something. So we made some sand paper t-shirts. This was super easy and we only spent $1 on sand paper at the Dollar Store since we found some white t-shirts in our stash of used clothes in the basement!

Here is the progression ...
I thought they turned out pretty good.

I also have been into making some home-made cleaners recently.
The ant repellent (Dawn and water) seems to do the trick. The carpet cleaner (hydrogen peroxide and baking soda) works great. The Listerine (just pure Listerine in a spray bottle!) seems to help in our backyard. One not pictured - the Dawn and vinegar mixture put into a kitchen scrubber and left in the shower. Brilliant!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What does the pure listerine spray do? Keep bugs away? If so, I need to give that a try.
Stay tuned for my BIG pinterest challenge in August. I have been working on it for a while. I'll give you a clue: it's KING sized... :)