Friday, August 02, 2013

French Lick Retreat

Ryan had to run a golf tournament in French Lick last weekend. Fortunately Maggie and I had some free time in our schedule so we got to ride along with him and enjoy the area!

We started with a train ride - Wild West style. Halfway through we were "robbed!"
Then we enjoyed a relaxing bike ride around the property ...
We even walked inside West Baden which is so beautiful!
The next day Ryan did his work so Maggie and I were on our own for a bit. She started the day with a pony ride and some swimming ...
After we checked out of the hotel, Ryan was able to finish up with his tournament so we headed to Big Splash (indoor water park) ...
And we went putt-putting. I love this shot of Maggie ... she looks like a true golfer! :)
It was a fun trip. Southern Indiana is so beautiful and looks so different from the north part of the state (which I visited later in the week ... more to come on that later).

And one more picture. Even though we had two beds, Maggie chose to sleep on the floor in her sleeping bag. She must have been tired since I had to wake her up at 8:30. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maggie's (at least) a 6th generation of our family to enjoy French Lick/West Baden! Looks like a fun trip:)