Monday, August 12, 2013

One Last Hurrah ... Til Next Summer

Jen heads back to Malaysia this week. Just like every summer, it has been so fun to have her home and get to see her so much since she mainly stays at our parents' house. I'm sad to see her leave (since it will be over 10 months before I see her again), but am so thankful for the last few days I've gotten to spend with her and her kiddos.

It started when they came to Indy last week and visited the State Fair and the Children's Museum ...
Addie stayed back and spent an extra night at our house and Maggie and she had so much fun playing!
Then we all headed to the farm over the weekend. Even Ryan got to join us which was a huge plus! Somehow my Mom talked us all into helping her weed and work in her garden!
Of course, much time was spent with the animals ...
Have I mentioned that the farm is often the home of misfit animals? Like this goose with broken wings or the horse that has a genetic disorder?
Ryan made the kids their very own pancakes ...
Gator rides to the fields ...
And just hanging out ...
Here's to a safe 24 hour trip back home for Jen and her kiddos. We'll be missing them like crazy!

No comments: