Monday, March 23, 2009

Junk Drawers

I think everyone has junk drawers in their house. We have several, but the most entertaining one (for me) is Ryan's. I know they are supposed to be full of random things, but his seem SO random and they just make me laugh! Today Ry was inspired to clean out his junk drawer. Not sure what brought this on, but while he was cleaning I jumped on the opportunity to take a few pictures. Here are all of the contents out on the bed ...

After he had everything out, I separated out a few of his "categories" to highlight some of my favorites!

First we have the items that my mom has gotten Ryan and he has no where to put them (juggling balls, a square dancing tie from a relative and a random pocket protector):
At first glance, you may wonder what these circles are. I did and had to ask. Ryan's suitcases have a place to insert these colors to help identify your bag. Ever since I have known Ryan he has had the green color in his suitcases and won't change them because he recognizes that color. However, he keeps these other colors on hand, just in case!

This ensemble I would call the "random coins and coin accessories." My favorite thing here is the small blue container at the top. It reminds me of Sunday School when I was a kid. You remember ... you press the sides together to get it to open.

And now my favorite item in the junk drawer! A speeding ticket from August 16, 2003 (before we were married). Ryan is still a bit miffed that he got this since he was only going 45 in a 40.

And finally ... medical supplies. Given our history of injuries this one doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I even took a picture of the other supplies we have in our basement. If you know of anyone that has an injury and needs some gear - give us a call!


I'm happy to say the drawer looks much cleaner now and probably won't need to be cleaned out again for several years.

And of course, had to throw my most recent favorite of Maggie playing with Ryan.

4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

you are the only person i know who would organize the stuff from a junk drawer! i love you! Can you come over?? :) maggie is uber cute.

molly said...

LOVE this post!!! :) Thanks for coming over today! It was so fun to talk to you and see cute little Maggie!

Jackie said...

I am laughing so hard! Heidi is right...who organizes a junk drawer!? At least there was a cute picture of Maggie in the post!!

Erin and Josh said...

hilarious! well done, ryan. everyone needs a junk drawer...
maggie is just as cute as ever. wish we could come over for a play date!! :)