Thursday, August 13, 2009

Year of the Tomato

I love the State Fair! Every year I get so excited to attend and this year was no exception. Ryan, his mom, Maggie and I all headed to the fair yesterday. Lucky for us there is a free shuttle about three blocks from our house so we didn't even have to worry about driving and parking. The weather was perfect - 82 and sunny with no rain!

The Illinois State Fair has the butter cow, but Indiana's has a cheese sculpture ...

The displays behind Maggie and Ryan are all made out of canned food items ... how cool! Plus, all the food will be donated to a local food bank after the fair. And clearly Ryan planned his shirt for this display! :) How appropriate!

Here is Maggie's classic "I'm looking in the sun" expression ...

And, as the post notes, the theme at this year's fair is "Year of the Tomato". This gazebo in the middle of the fair emulates the theme ...

Stay tuned because next week my mom, Maggie and I head to the Iowa State Fair!

2 comments:

Erin and Josh said...

that is awesome!! looks like you had a good time. nothing beats a midwest state fair. maggie is soooo precious!

the deKorne family said...

great pictures! i'd give anything for some fair food! glad you had fun and maggie is getting early exposure to one of life's great events!