Saturday, August 22, 2009

Indiana State Fair - Round II

I volunteered this year to work the state tourism booth for one shift. It was like old times. After working, Ryan and Maggie came out so we could enjoy the fair one last time. We did get to try the sweet corn nuggets ... oh my word ... these things were delicious! (We also enjoyed the pizza cone, but no pictures of that one. We ate them too fast!)

Some of you may remember my post last year about how we always go to the Pepsi Coliseum and judge the horse carriages ourselves. Ryan has won three years in a row and I thought this was my year. We picked our winners and when it came down to the final two we each had one in the running (mine - #4 and Ry - #8). Imagine my surprise when Ryan's got second! I was so thrilled, we took this picture ...

Then, the unthinkable happened. As the carriage was pulling away I realized the number on the winning carriage was #29 ... WHAT?! We must not have heard #4 called and therefore Ryan won again. So, here is the real winning picture. Bummer.

Oh yeah, and we caught the parade this evening. Ryan got to see his favorite Indiana band - the Circle City Stompers!Here are a few extra shots of the Mags ... she was thrilled to watch the 4H dog show!

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

You guys are keeping the state fairs in business! :) I love all the pictures and funny stories. Cute little Maggie! :)

the deKorne family said...

She is so cute I can't stand it!!! So jealous of all your fair food. :)

The Lembright Family said...

I just love the last shot...way too cute! Any chance you'll be hitting the AZ state fair next month? I'll treat you to some nachos?

Suni said...

we were totally there the same evening and we also judged the horses! my kids didnt enjoy that near as much as the worlds largest boars! we also spoke of "ryan's favorite Indy band" and whether or not Jim Rodenbeck was there that evening. we didnt get a good look, while eating and cleaning our children from all the fair-food.