Friday, February 25, 2011

Everything is a phase ...

Someone told me that before we had Maggie and it is (for the most part) true. Whether good or bad almost anything Maggie deals us is a phase ... and thank goodness for that because for the last month Maggie has been waking up in the night and screaming (up to one and a half hours). We've tried a whole host of different things, but I think what will help most will be being home for the next month with no trips planned. My guess is that since she has spent many nights in bed with me (while on the road) now she just doesn't want to sleep by herself. When we are home, she most often asks for "Mom's bed" in the middle of the night.

But in the midst of all the interrupted sleep, Maggie has had some moments of pure sweetness. I need to get a picture of this when we fly back, but this is what she looked like through the airport on our way here. She insisted on pulling her own suitcase even as we switched terminals in Dallas.

And a few of her enjoying some blackberry jam and lunch on a Bob/Larry plate ...



We leave on tomorrow, so I'm soaking up as much time as I can with this little guy ... well, maybe not quite so little since he and Maggie wear the same size diapers! I think that is mostly due to Maggie's small size and not so much JP!


2 comments:

mickev said...

OH my gosh! I can see so much of your mom in that pic of JP. Glad you are getting to spend some time with your cute little nephew.
Love that Maggie - she is just so cute!

Erin and Josh said...

that's so awesome you went to TX - you deserve the "best auntie" gold medal. and yes, the middle of the night screaming is a phase! i am so sorry it's happening...but hang in there. love ya!