Saturday, May 14, 2011

She's just a kitten herself ...

* Warning - this blog contains "circle of life" information (IE: animals die). So, if that makes you really sad, you may want to skip to the bottom.

Sometimes stories on the farm just make me chuckle. This is one of those. Before going home last week, I get an email from my mom. While a few other notes were included, this was one paragraph in the email:

"Dolly is having her kittens today. Poor little Snap had five kittens and doesn't know what to do. Two or three are already dead. I think the rest will die too. Poor thing, she's only a kitten herself."

When I read the last line, it made me laugh out loud. I know what my mom was saying, but it seriously sounded like we weren't talking about cats, but people. I'm pretty sure I responded to Mom something about "sleeping in the bed you made." Anyway, I sent the email to Ryan and he replied:

"Sounds like your mom is running a cat brothel."

That made me laugh too.

In a shocking turn of events, the aforementioned Dolly's kittens did not make it (which is very odd given that Dolly is an "excellent mother" according to my Mom) and Snap still has one alive. The kitten was only a few days old and I think Maggie was kinda freaked out by it, but she did attempt to hold it ...

And a few random notes. In my cleaning of the attic I told my mom we were going to have to have a serious discussion about cross stitch. I'm pretty sure she went through a fad in 1988 of doing cross stitch and hasn't picked it up since. That was verified by the amount on dust on these patterns. (I'm happy to report this made the garage sale pile!)

ATTENTION: if you like craft pumpkins to use as decoration, you will want to make sure and hit the garage sale in a few weeks ... :)

And finally a sign I can get behind!

Gotta love being home. It is the best!

No comments: