Monday, April 30, 2012

Cookie Cutters ... Tablecoths Anyone?

I'm having a garage sale. Sometime this summer. My Mom told me I could take all the things she was getting rid of and try to sell it. Profit being all mine. I'm in.

So, in the midst of cleaning and purging, my Mom would be advising:
  • "Make sure you put this for 0.25 and not just a dime. It will sell. Trust me." 
  • "These nice baskets will go for a couple dollars."
  • "Metal cookie cutters will go for 0.25/piece. You can put the others together, but make sure you price those separately."
Made me smile every time.

My only question is: Are there this many people in need of cookie cutters?


Or disposable tablecloths? I mean, seriously, this entire bag is filled with them.


What were some rare finds you might ask. Let me show you.

At first glance, this painted pig looks sweet.


Until you get up close ...


And I found this looker of a jacket ...


I'm sad to say that made the "keep" pile. It was home-made for my Mom so I kind of understand.

Even though my Mom did salvage a few items while I was packing up, here is the final look of what I hauled home. My little Toyota had barely enough room for Maggie and me on the way home!

 
 

Garage sale ... here I come!

No comments: