Every year when I go home for making candy I'm amazed at the
production it is. Waxed paper, labeled tins, butter, Karo syrup, small dipping spoons, chocolate and so much more.
This year I tried to capture to atmosphere of the candy making. For starters ... the basement. It is seriously like a time capsule down there. Don't believe me? Will this convince you? (Yes, the calendar is from June 1999!)


You could pretty much find my Mom here the whole time. She spent at least 10 hours in one day sitting here painting molds ... this is serious stuff!!

And here are the fruits of her labor ...


What I did find interesting was the difference in my Mom's list of what she uses on her trays and what I use. I think I'm playing in the minors and my Mom is clearly in the majors!


I'll leave you with this image. I don't think my mom needs to buy muffin cups anytime in the near future! Oh my ...


It was a great time and reminds me each year why I love my family!
2 comments:
My favorite part on your list Carrie is 'some molds' vs. your moms full-on 'molds'. I worry for the future of the molds... :)
I miss the candy at Christmas at the Hartzler home. You have a great family. Love you all!!
Post a Comment