Friday, April 01, 2011

I've Been Looking for My Wooden Fruit ...

This is a phrase that you don't hear everywhere. While I was going through cabinets and cleaning out the kitchen, my Mom was working in the dining room and I heard her make this statement. Really? I don't usually have a hard time losing my wooden fruit, but then again, I don't have any wooden fruit for decor.

While cleaning and organizing I had to get some pictures of the things my Mom has. Like for example, her collection of notepads or cupcake liners ... amazing!

I own precisely three pots. I don't cook anywhere near as much as my Mom does and I think it shows ...

Now I challenge you to figure out which ones of these items is the normal size - the paper clip, the fly swatter, the pencil or the battery?

Give up? It is the pencil. The paper clip is monstrous, the fly swatter is tiny and the battery is just itty bitty. Just made for some good laughs!

One of the things I love about going home is how my Mom decorates for the seasons. It doesn't matter if it is Halloween, Fourth of July or St. Patrick's Day, my Mom has decor out in all its glory. But, this was a new one. My parents have recently returned from a trip to Asia to visit my sister and there they celebrated the Chinese New Year. Since they have been home, my Mom has had several small parties and has decided to showcase all of her pictures by decorating for the Chinese New Year.

And one final, wonderful thing about my Mom ... she loves TINY glasses. Not sure why, but she is forever drinking out of glasses that make it look like she is taking shots of iced tea! Here was her drink one night ...

What a fun time! More pics to come which will include some of Maggie I promise!

3 comments:

mickev said...

How fun that you get to spend this time with Linda. Hope to see you the next time...I can bring my cleaning clothes, if you like? : )

paula said...

Hilarious! Nothing in this post surprises me ... and that's why we love Mom! :)

molly said...

This is so funny!!!!!!!!! It was like I was there with you! :) Thanks for posting!!!