This morning we (Jen, Ryan, Maggie and me) headed out to Batu Caves. It is a Hindu shrine that resides 300 steps up into a cave. While on the way up, there are monkeys everywhere! And these monkeys are quite brave. You have to keep track of your stuff because they are known to take sunglasses off your head and steal food from your hands. We were being cautious of them as we were walking up and they weren't really freaking me out ... yet. I saw one that had a baby holding on to its stomach. It looked something like this -
I pointed at it, made eye contact and showed it to Maggie. NOTE: Do NOT make eye contact with the monkey. It came closer, looked like it wanted something (what I'm not sure) and then looked like it was going to attack me. I completely freaked out. Jen stepped in and was going to kick it when it opened its mouth and hissed at her. Fortunately for me, another monkey must have noticed my situation and jumped on the monkey to get it out of our way. Needless to say I was nervous and from then on was keeping my clear distance from the monkeys!
A few other notes on the morning:
* Maggie used a squatty potty (her second one since we got here, but the first one I got a picture of). Good for her because even I don't like using those things!
* We got fresh coconut for $1!
* Ryan was asked what country he was from because he was mistaken for Shane Bond (a New Zealand cricket player) ...

* Someone asked Ryan to take their picture which he did. They then proceeded to show them their camera where they had four or five pictures of Maggie they had taken while on the train. They told him he had a beautiful daughter. I agree - not biased of course!
Some pics of the day ...
(Note the monkey in the background of this pic)
Tomorrow we are off to Malacca ... about a two hour drive away, but a neat town that I'm sure I'll learn a lot more about!
1 comment:
Looks so amazing! Hope you have the best time! : )
Post a Comment