So, mum's been the word. My sister Jen has been in the USA since last Wednesday. My Mom flew her in for a few weeks (with the kids!) to spend some time on America's soil. We had to be quiet because this weekend (today in fact) all the sisters showed up to surprise Beth in Youngstown, Ohio.
Last weekend, Ryan and I headed to Illinois to spend the weekend with Jen and the kids. I have been avoiding talking to Beth almost all week for fear of spilling the beans (which actually almost happened once!).
Here are pics of our time in Illinois last week. Short time, but really fun.







Of course, a trip home wouldn't be complete without some funny stories! Ryan has been doing nightly ab exercises and my Mom claimed she wanted to join in ...


I'm not sure many of you have heard of Spare and Share.

It is a local Goodwill type of store. There are always good finds there (mostly toys for the kids), but thought I would share a few of the things we found on this trip!




One last story which takes the cake. My mom often has a hot AND a cold beverage at any given time. It is something we love about my Mom (and I've been known to do the same from time to time), but when I looked at the table while we were playing cards I couldn't help but get a picture of this.

Can you guess which space is my Mom's? Yep, the one with coffee, tea, orange crush and wet wipes. Gotta love it!
And more pics will be coming of our time in Y-town.
1 comment:
LOVE THIS!! Hoping your time was the best ever. Now going to go find myself some hot tea to go with my coke!
Post a Comment