Thursday, October 03, 2013

September Pinterest Challenge

I've been a bit overwhelmed with headbands recently. I think you can see why ...
Maggie's drawer was busting with hair accessories of all sorts, so I did two crafts this month to help keep the craziness at bay. The first was this headband organizer.
Couple thoughts. I didn't show you it without the headbands because the fabric isn't totally flat and it looks less than a professional job, but so be it. Also, it remains to be seen if this canister is a bit wider than the headbands and may stretch them out a bit (I had heard a rumor about that). So, I put the ones on here that she complains about hurting her ears (thinking stretching on those might not be so bad) and then a few other plain ones that are a dime a dozen!

And then I also needed something for her pony tail holders. I found this frosted jar idea.
Not too bad. Ryan said I needed a few more circles intermittently added, but I'm happy with the finished product. And her dresser looks way cuter!
And just in case it looks like all positives here ... I did try to make this fall leaf candle holder. They wanted you to use real leaves, dried after a few weeks. I foolishly thought you could use fake leaves and it would work find. DID NOT WORK! Guess real leaves are the key! :)

No comments: